For more information:
Morgan Lanier or Olivia Tuttle
Melissa Libby & Associates
Beni’s Cubano Opens At The Avenue EAST COBB June 5
Old World Cuban Charm and Flavors in Marietta from Southern Proper Hospitality
ATLANTA (May 31, 2017) - Beginning June 5, say “¡Hola!” to unique Cuban dishes and a fun, immersive dining experience in Marietta at Beni’s Cubano, opening in The Avenue East Cobb. The new restaurant is from Southern Proper Hospitality, the successful team behind Tin Lizzy’s Cantina, Gypsy Kitchen, The Southern Gentleman, Smokebelly BBQ, Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails and The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill. Designed to take diners back in time to the heyday of Havana, the menu at Beni’s Cubano was created by executive chef Cesar Velazquez and features innovative takes on classic Cuban dishes.
“At Beni’s Cubano, we want to transport you from the day-to-day and into a fun, festive atmosphere you’ll want to return to time and time again,” says Southern Proper Hospitality partner John Piemonte. “Just like our other restaurants, we are creating a sense of community, a super-comfortable place to kick back and enjoy a great meal and excellent beverages.”
From the antique bicycle hanging overhead, the colorfully painted antique shutters and the scent of simmering sauces that greet you as you walk in, Beni’s Cubano offers unique casual dining with a chef’s touch. Menu highlights include the following:
· A classic Cuban sandwich with mojo-roasted pork, ham and Swiss cheese with pickles, mustard and garlic aioli
· Seafood criollo, a sautéed shrimp and mahi mahi dish in a Cuban-Creole sauce with sofrito, tomato and olives
· Vaca frita, Velazquez’s creative new take on an old favorite made with crispy short rib, grilled onions and peppers, mojo and lime
· Yucca fries or mariquitas (crispy spiced plantain chips) with a choice of two dipping sauces such as garlic aioli, mojo or house-made hot sauce
· Beef picadillo empanadas stuffed to capacity and served with a choice of two dipping sauces
Diners looking to satisfy their sweet tooth can order a delectable house-made bread pudding with golden raisins, pecans, whipped cream and dulce de leche paired with a pot of classic Cuban coffee, espresso-style with sugar espuma.
The bar is accented with beautiful Cuban mosaic tile. The menu features classic Cuban cocktails, including:
· Cuba Libre made with Havana Club Añejo rum and served on the rocks with a Mexican Coke and a lime
· Havana Heat, a sweet-spicy concoction made from Flor de Caña 7 year rum, Ancho Reyes Chile liqueur, mango purée and sour mix
· Beni’s Mojito made with Havana Club Silver rum, house-made mint simple syrup, muddled with limes and mint and topped with a splash of soda water
Beni’s Cubano is located in The Avenue East Cobb at 4475 Roswell Road, Suite 1510 (next to Tin Lizzy’s Cantina). The restaurant serves lunch and dinner daily beginning at 11 a.m. For more information, visit beniscubano.com or follow the restaurant on Facebook.