For more information:
Emily Connolly or Morgan Dyches
Melissa Libby & Associates
MARLOW’S TAVERN THROWS MIDSUMMER COCKTAIL PARTY DEBUTING JUNE 23
Six-Week Long Celebration Captures the Spirit of the Season with Authentic South African Cuisine, Beverages and a Trip Giveaway
ATLANTA (June 22, 2015) –Atlanta’s favorite neighborhood restaurant, Marlow’s Tavern is toasting the season with six weeks of Midsummer Cocktail Party fun from Tuesday, June 23 to Monday, August 3. Guests are invited to join in the celebration with a classic cocktail party featuring handcrafted drinks, craft beers and bold South African wines. The festive beverages will be accompanied by a menu of authentic South African dishes created in partnership with 10 Degrees South and the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Cape Town, South Africa. It’s the stuff midsummer nights’ dreams are made of.
“Our inaugural Midsummer Cocktail Party is our way of treating guests to our world-class hospitality while celebrating the tastes of South Africa and global food and beverage flavors,” said John C. Metz, executive chef and co-founder of Marlow’s Tavern.
Marlow's Tavern is also offering the chance to win an eight-day trip to Cape Town, South Africa, valued at $15,000. One lucky winner and a guest will tour the wine region, cuisine and culture that inspired this Midsummer celebration. Registration for the trip giveaway is available at all Marlow's locations or online at www.marlowstavern.com.
For all of us not jetting off to Cape Town, our destination is the special food and wine menu created in partnership with 10 Degrees South, Atlanta's culinary hotspot for South African-inspired fare. This unique collaboration between restaurants has produced a bold, authentic menu perfect for a summertime adventure and includes:
· Peri Peri Firecracker Eggs - house-made pimento cheese, smoked chili cream, applewood
smoked bacon, thinly sliced biltong, fresh herbs, EVOO and peri peri firecracker sauce
· Watermelon and Buffalo Mozzarella Salad - Euro cucumber, radish, fresh mint, olive oil and balsamic glaze
· Daily Cocktail Party Flatbread - built with Marlow's secret sauce and the best ingredients the kitchen and chef has to offer
· The Classic "Gatsby" - grilled filet mignon, leafy greens, Roma tomato, thin red onion, toasty Cuban roll, slathered with peri peri aioli, stuffed with tavern fries
· Baked Malva Cake - a traditional South African sweet treat, cream-soaked pound cake,
Bailey’s Irish Cream and apricot jam served warm
Featured wines from South Africa include:
· Riebeek Creek Cellars 2013 Chenin Blanc - this season’s best from South Africa, with flavors of guava and gooseberries and tropical fruit aromas balanced with a crisp acidity
· Boschendal Chardonnay/Pinot Noir - a complex white blend with enticing creamy citrus, red apples and baked pear aroma with full, broad citrus and a tad bit of spice
· KWV Pinotage - this 2013 Pinotage is rich with plum, banana and fruit cake aromas; sweet and juicy tannins and hints of chocolate and strawberries
· Mulderbosch Faithful Hound Red Blend - a red blend with tasty varietals Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec and Petit Verdot; herbal notes and subtle sandalwood with brambleberry and plum
The Midsummer Cocktail Party menu is available daily for lunch and dinner, in addition to the main menu. Delicious beers will also be on tap, as well as three summery cocktails - Georgia Peach Lemonade, The Gin Job and a Watermelon Margarita.
About Marlow’s Tavern
Marlow’s Tavern was established in November of 2004 with the opening of its first location in Alpharetta, Ga., and has continued to grow over the years, adding several Atlanta-area restaurants and three locations in Orlando, Fla. In 2013, Nation’s Restaurant News named Marlow’s Tavern one of its “NRN 50 Breakout Brands” for the year. The neighborhood restaurant concept is open for lunch and dinner daily, offering guests classic American tavern fare with an upscale twist. For more information and location addresses, visit marlowstavern.com.
About 10 Degrees South
10 Degrees South, located in the Buckhead community, is Atlanta’s exclusive South African fine dining destination and the first restaurant of its kind in the United States since its opening in 1998. Featuring a fusion of various exotic flavors combined into authentic South African cuisine, owner and restaurateur Justin Anthony showcases his expertise on South African food and wine. 10 Degrees South is located at 4183 Roswell Road NE, Atlanta, Ga. 30342 and is open from 5:30-10:30 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 11:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. For more information on 10 Degrees South, please visit www.10degreessouth.com or call 404.705.8870.