For more information:
Emily Connolly or Morgan Lanier
Melissa Libby & Associates
DRIFT FISH HOUSE & OYSTER BAR CELEBRATES FIRST ANNIVERSARY WITH OYSTERFEST
Doug Turbush’s Marietta Restaurant Hosts Week of Specials, Pairing Dinners and More, March 1-7
ATLANTA (Feb. 15, 2017) – Drift Fish House & Oyster Bar
“We want to celebrate our anniversary and also show our sincere appreciation to our guests,” says Turbush. “The Atlanta area, and East Cobb and Marietta in particular, have fully embraced Drift. This is our small way of saying ‘thank you’ with delicious oysters and one-of-a-kind events.”
Oysterfest highlights include the following:
- Oyster happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m. weekdays (March 1-3 and 6-7) and from 3-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (March 4-5) featuring:
- half-shell, half-priced oysters
- “Buck-a-shuck” oyster of the day
- $5 house punch
- A $35 Oysterfest prix fixe menu available each day. The menu includes:
- Appetizer choice of cold smoked oysters, beef carpaccio and fried oysters or wood oven oysters Rockefeller
- Entrée selection of Jonah crab roll on a toasted H&F bun, wild caught shrimp over saffron Bomba rice or wood-grilled Bay of Fundy salmon
- Dessert choice of key lime pie, caramel apple bread pudding or chocolate chess pie
- All day “buck-a-shuck” oysters and $5 Terrapin Hi-5 IPA every day
- “Oyster 101” chef demonstrations 2 to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, March 4-5
- Turbush and sous chef William Puryear teach guests all about the world of oysters, oyster farming, oyster etiquette and how to pair oysters with wine and beer
- Guests will enjoy a selection of raw oysters, oyster hors d’ oeuvre and sparkling wine
- Tickets are $25 per person and available for purchase online.
On Thursday, March 2, Drift hosts a five-course, oyster-centric dinner featuring wine pairings from Iron Horse Vineyards, a family owned California vineyard beloved for its elegant, finely balanced wines. Special guest Joy Anne Sterling, the winery’s CEO, will discuss each pairing selection on the menu, which features a “pearls” starter of UGA caviar with chawan mushi custard and Alaskan king crab; wagyu beef carpaccio and fried oysters; New Bedford scallops; red wine-braised veal cheek and chocolate chess pie. Tickets for the $119 per-person dinner are available online.
On Tuesday, March 7, the restaurant hosts a five-course dinner with beer pairings from Athens-based Terrapin Beer Co. The menu includes cold-smoked oysters; steak tartare and cornmeal-fried oysters; wood- and spice-grilled tuna; oatmeal stout-braised pork cheeks and rhubarb buckle with poppy seed buttermilk ice cream. The price is $79 per person, and tickets may be purchased online.
Located in The Avenue East Cobb at 4475 Roswell Road in Marietta, Drift serves lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday, with brunch and dinner on Sunday. For more information, call 770-635-7641 or visit driftoysterbar.com.