For more information:
Emily Connolly or Morgan Dyches
Melissa Libby & Associates
SHARE LOVE THROUGH FOOD AT BELLINA ALIMENTARI
Italian Favorite at Ponce City Market Celebrates Amore with February Classes, Gifts
And Special Valentine's Weekend Menu
ATLANTA (Jan. 22, 2016) –With Valentine’s Day rapidly approaching, Tal Baum, owner of Bellina Alimentari, is taking her responsibilities seriously to help ramp up romance by showing customers how to “Share Love Through Food” in February.From chocolate-making classes and intimate dinners for two to gift packages filled with easy-to-prepare pasta dishes and sweet after-dinner treats, Baum believes she has something for everyone in her Wine Bar, Culinary Club and Market.
“There’s an expression in Italian – il cibo è l’essenza della vita,” Baum says. “It means food is the essence of life. It’s the essence of love as well, and we all celebrate it differently. Some people want to experience the joy of preparing food together, while others prefer to be pampered and waited on. Whatever our guests choose, we want it to be fantastic.”
Diners who want the Valentine’s Day fuss without the muss can take advantage of the hearty special offered Feb. 12-14 at Bellina's Wine Bar. The menu begins with a bubbly Prosecco toast and continues with a selection of local and Italian artisanal cheeses and meats. Then, couples can twirl their forks into each other’s plates with a taste of two signature pasta dishes. The festivities end on a sweet note with decadent chocolate bread pudding. This special menu is $38 per person, add wine and cocktail pairings for $30 per person. It is available in addition to the regular menu.
Bellina Alimentari's Culinary Club is offering special classes throughout February. These include the following:
- Cacao Chocolate Workshop on Tuesday, Feb. 9 from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. Local craft chocolate producer Cacao Atlanta will not only be talking about sourcing and producing chocolate, they’ll be sharing their company’s sweet inspirations with guests. ($30 per person)
- Valentine's Chef on Wednesday, Feb. 10 from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Chef will teach how to impress your loved one with a romantic dinner for two. This hands-on cooking class will enable you to prepare a three-course meal and signature cocktail that can be easily recreated at home for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day. Pasta tasting follows. ($48 per person)
- Pasta Date Night on Thursday, Feb. 11 from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Explore romantic pastabilities at this hands-on cooking class. Guests will learn how easy it is to make fresh pasta at home. After a pasta tasting, guests can take home their creations. ($80 per couple)
In Bellina Alimentari's Market, Baum encourages customers to take their sweet time studying the shelves lined with fine Italian chocolates, spreadable chocolates, balsamic vinegars, biscotti and more. Affordable favorites include Dragées - flavorful nuts and spices coated in chocolate ($12); and Cantucci - Italian almond biscotti biscuit cookies ($12).
Other thoughtful Valentine's Day gifts for loved ones available in-store and online at mercatodibellina.com include:
- Date Night Box - An easy-to-cook dinner for two; all ingredients needed for the perfect match. ($32)
- Truffle Dinner Date - Melt your cares and truffles away with crunchy savory biscuits with pure white truffle cream. Then serve your tagliatelle pasta, adding just-melted butter and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. End your dinner with indulgent chocolate bites and chocolate coated coffee beans. ($58)
- Dolce Vita - A choice of Italian sweet treats. ($75)
About Bellina Alimentari
Bellina Alimentari, which loosely translates to "lovely specialty food store," was founded on the belief that every meal should be an amazing experience, and quality and ethics never need to be compromised in the pursuit of value. Italian food as a way of life means that each dish is tasty, fresh, whole and balanced. The menu at Bellina Alimentari changes seasonally to reflect the availability of produce from local farmers. Meat is sourced from farms where every animal is respected, treated humanely and pasture raised. Located at 675 Ponce de Leon Avenue NE, in the Central Food Hall of Ponce City Market, Bellina Alimentari is delicious, fair and affordable. For additional information and updates, visit bellina-alimentari.com, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, or call 404-330-9933.