For more information:
Emily Connolly or Morgan Lanier
Melissa Libby & Associates
SURVEY SAYS…HERE’S THE TOP “INSIDER” TIPS FOR A NIGHT OUT AT JOHNNY’S HIDEAWAY
Regulars at Famed Atlanta Nightspot Guarantee Good Times with Time-Tested Tips
ATLANTA (Oct. 27, 2016) – Although a fun night out is pretty much a guarantee at Johnny’s Hideaway, the Atlanta nightlife institution has tapped its longtime regulars to give guests a how-to guide to having the most successful outing at the city’s most beloved dance club and restaurant since 1979. A go-to spot for the over-40 crowd to do some serious dancing as well as a late-night destination for the mobs of 20-and 30-somethings about town, Johnny’s offers fun for all ages, especially for those who learn the ropes.
A Q&A with experts Ed, Elaine and Millie – patrons who have all been a part of Johnny’s history for more than two decades – uncovered the following wisdom for a memorable night out on the town:
- Wondering what to wear to this landmark? Dress to impress. That means no sandals for men.
- Speculating what to sip on? Always order a mixed drink. At Johnny’s, they’re stronger than the average mixed drink.
- A foolproof way to get the DJ to play your request? Write it on a $5 bill.
- All institutions have rules, but the most important one to follow at Johnny’s? No drinks on the dance floor. Johnny’s was originally a shag, swing and ballroom dance club, so spills dampen the mood.
- Taking a break from dancing is a prime opportunity for people watching. Where should you sit for the best view? At either the front bar or at one of the tables in the back so you can see everyone coming in and get a glimpse of the dance floor.
- Looking to have a romantic night with that special someone? Make sure to dance to Elvis’ “Can’t Help Falling in Love” or Sinatra’s “Strangers in the Night.”
- Need to refuel? Johnny’s kitchen is open late night, and the restaurant’s appetizers are best for sharing.
- While Johnny’s has a corner dedicated to Elvis, at this beloved bar, class is “king”. So be polite, whether it’s on the dance floor, at the bar or when running into an ex. The bartenders and cocktail waitresses at Johnny’s are the best in the business, and they deserve some manners. So do the people you once shagged with.
- It’s never too soon to ask a new acquaintance to join you in the Sinatra Room for a nightcap. This is also the best backdrop for a selfie.
Johnny’s Hideaway is located at 3771 Roswell Road NE in Atlanta. For updates on the restaurant and upcoming events, follow Johnny’s Hideaway on Instagram and Facebook. For additional information, call 404-233-8026 or visit johnnyshideaway.com.